The girls went to the dentist today for their second check up. They did great and Ava even got her first x-ray taken! Claire of course was not up for that. It is funny because when it comes to most things she is my daredevil and the leader for Ava. A lot of times Claire will have to do something first before Ava will attempt it at all. When it comes to anything medical, she is the exact opposite. She gets really nervous at the doctor and the dentist. Today's visit was a little different from our last because once they turn 3 years old a parent can not go back with them. I told Ava this morning what the rule was and told her to help Claire, but I was not about to tell Claire because I knew it would make it worse. When their names were called they both just jumped right up and went back with the hygienist! I could not believe it, I was so proud of both of them, especially Claire. Their hygienist is one of my friends Julie, who they know so I think that helped. I asked her at the end how they did and she said great, but Claire cried. I was pretty sure that she was going to since she did pretty badly last time. I asked her why and I don't know if was more the toothpaste flavor (which she has talked about not liking for the past 6 months from our last visit!) or not having Ava with her. She kept saying that she wanted Ava to hold her hand and I take it they were separated in the back room. The happy ending of the story is they both made it through and had a successful visit to the dentist. Their visit ended with picking out a princess toothbrush...Ava was very happy they had Snow White and choosing one toy out the chest. They had all kinds of girly things like little purses and rings. Ava chose a soccer ball key chain and Claire chose a plastic snake....go figure!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too funny about their chosen "treasures"!
Post a Comment