We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I got to spend time with my mom and my mother in law and was pampered by my own family too! On Sunday morning I awoke to singing and breakfast in bed. Jay and the girls made scrambled eggs, grits and fruit salad. We laughed so hard because the eggs had so much salt in them, I honestly could not eat them!! It was the thought that counted for sure! After breakfast we had a wonderful time at church and then headed downtown for lunch at Armadillo Grill. Most of you know that I am OBSESSED with Armie, as I call it. We honestly eat there about once a week. That afternoon I read my book on the screened porch and painted my toes while Jay and the girls washed and vacuumed my car! It was so sweet of them and they had fun helping and getting wet! Bonnie and Rich came over so we could celebrate Mother's Day with her and we had a yummy dinner at Milton's Pizza. We celebrated with my mom on Saturday at the derby party! On this Mother's Day I was truly thankful and grateful to three moms....my sweet mom, my wonderful mother in law and Claire and Ava's birth mother for making the difficult decision to put them up for adoption. We have always been so open and up front about the girls adoption and they love talking about it and looking back at pictures of the baby house. Not until this year have they really started talking about their birth mother. We prayed for her on mother's day and there were many tears shed by all four of us. I am so thankful that the Lord put our family together in His perfect way, so incredibly thankful that I get to be Claire and Ava's mom!!!!
Friday, May 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment