We celebrated Mother's Day with my parents on Saturday night with a Kentucky Derby party! We all dressed up in derby attire including fancy hats for the ladies! Dad looked super sharp in his crisp blue shirt, khakis and hat and Jay got off the hook because he came from playing golf! The girls and I made bows and flowers out of tulle earlier in the day and attached them to hats that we already had. They were so excited to dress up and go to the party! My mom and dad had a picture of each horse in the derby including their number and name spread out on their dining room table. We each drew numbers that corresponded to the horses on the table. We each ended up with three horses to cheer for and Ava got the bonus fourth horse. I was pulling strong for Twinspired...how fitting for me on Mother's Day! Mom was the winner with Animal Kingdom. It was so much fun....we can't wait to do it again for the next horse race. It was a great way to celebrate my mom. I am SO thankful for her! She is always willing to help me in any way that she can and that means the world to me. She is such a wonderful mom and an awesome grandma too! I love you mom!!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment