We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day this year. We had lunch at mom and dad's house and Richard and Bonnie joined us. It was so special for me and Jay to have our families all together especially with our dad's health issues this year. I am thankful for my family every year, but this year had more meaning than ever before. We began the day like every Thanksgiving...watching the Macy's parade. After that we enjoyed a devotion time together and had a wonderful lunch and dessert. After we ate the men watched football in the den and us ladies watched the movie Little Women in my parent's bedroom. Mom and I LOVE that movie, and pretty much have the whole thing memorized. I could not even count the number of times we have watched together!! I love most holidays, but Thanksgiving is one of my favorites. I love the meaning behind it and just reflecting on all of the ways that the Lord has blessed me and my family.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment