The girls are loving spirit week at their school this week. They just finished day three, only two days left. The week will end with a huge carnival on Friday night that they are so excited about. The girls are loving school and making the sweetest friends! I am loving being involved there too. It is a lot of work, but so fun. I am a room mother in Claire's class this year with my friend Deborah. It is the first time either of us have done this, so it is a little bit overwhelming, but we are loving it. I also started a program last year with my neighbor Melissa that provides food to kids on the weekend that do not have enough to eat. It is called Backpack Buddies and the food is provided through the Inter-faith Food Shuttle. The girls are involved in this too, which is an awesome and concrete example of helping and loving those around us who may not as much as we do. We pack the backpacks with food every Wednesday and the kids take them home on Fridays. I will post some pictures of that soon! I am also working in the cafeteria once a week. This is my new favorite thing!! Maybe this is my calling in life...cafeteria lady. I go for one hour and serve lunch to the kindergartners and first graders. The shift is over when the girls lunch begins, so it works out perfectly for me to have lunch with them once a week after I serve. Here are pictures from days 1-3 of spirit week! Enjoy
Day 1: Wacky Tacky Day. The girls wore polka dot tights and striped dresses with two different shoes. They also had one pony tail up high with a bow and one pony tail low with a different bow! They were pretty tacky!

Day 2: Career day. They girls dressed so cute on this day. Ava dressed in her boots and horse skirt and wants to be a horse back rider when she grows up! Claire of course wants to be a rock star. This is also her Halloween costume so you will see it again! Many of you know this already, but for some reason she is very into skulls at the present time!

Day 3: Favorite Team Day. The girls busted out their new Carolina polka dot shirts! I wish they had these in my size!! Ava also had two tattoos on her cheeks and one on her hand. Claire did not want to draw attention to herself so she passed!

2 comments:
tell them to stop growing up and getting any bigger! they are precious!
i LOVE that the rock star didn't want to draw attention to herself:). also...can my kiddos come help with the backpack program? i'd LOVE a hands on way for them to be involved in helping others:)
Post a Comment