Sunday, August 22, 2010

last beach trip of the summer...




















it also meant the last Britt's doughnut of the summer!!!

It was an emotional trip to the beach because of what happened to our house while we were gone, but we still managed to have fun! We played on the beach, went boogie boarding, and made a big drip castle. The girls have really mastered riding a wave in to shore. They had a great teacher...my mom! When we were not on the beach we had fun playing inside. We did lots of drawing and I worked on a giant puzzle while we were there. Of course the girls had tons of fun with their cousins ! The girls played together with Susu while Court and I had lunch out together along with some shopping at our favorite store in CB! The girls did the cutest thing together this time...they took turns drawing each other. One would sit on the bed while the other three drew them. The pictures were so cute that drew of each other!!! I saved one of Claire that Ava drew along with a self portrait she did, complete with her curly hair!!! We also took one last trip to the carnival at the boardwalk. They had added a ride since yhe last time we were there....my FAVORITE childhood ride....the double Ferris wheel! I was so excited as soon as I saw it and wondered who would ride it with me. Ava was so brave and excited and off we went. I asked her before we got on if it was too high for her. She looked as me and said "No, I've been in a plane before". Mom and I laughed so hard! It was so much fun!!! We also went on the normal Ferris wheel too, this time with Claire. I had the best time at the beach with my girls....mom included!

3 comments:

Carolina City Girl said...

haha! that plane comment is SO ava! i can hear her saying it now :)

Drew and Leslie said...

Hey! First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about your house but so thankful everyone is okay. I'm so glad you guys had fun at CB. We'll be there next week. I wish you'd be there too. I can't wait to check out the double-ferris wheel! Love you!

The Phillips said...

just wanted you to know that we miss you guys terribly! we're heading to michigan for my sister's baby but we definitely need to hang out when we get back after labor day!