This past weekend I did something I never thought I would do....I went to Nascar race! Not only did I go, but I loved it. I have had so many friends make fun of me for liking it, but don't worry I am not going to turn into the biggest Nascar fan or anything...although I would love to go to another race one day! Jason and I headed to Darlington on Friday night with our good friends Jeff and Lynn and their sweet daughter. Jeff''s mom lives there and we got to stay with her which was so wonderful and convenient. We had fun hanging out with them Saturday morning, we even got to put our feet in at their neighbor's pool, the water was too cold to put our whole bodies in! That afternoon we headed to the racetrack. Jason won the tickets through work so we got to do a lot of fun things we would not have been able to do on our own. I never brag about Jay, but I am so proud of him and how hard he works! He loves his job and is so good at helping people with their insurance needs! We spent a lot of time that afternoon at the Farm Bureau hospitality suite where we got to meet the Farm Bureau car driver Denny Hamlin. We also got a special treat....we got to meet Coach Joe Gibbs. For those of you who don't know he owns Fed Ex racing which includes the M&M's, Home Depot and Farm Bureau car. This was the Farm Bureau's cars first race in the big Nascar circuit, so it was a huge deal for the company! Jay and I not only got to meet Coach, but get his autograph and try on his Superbowl ring...it was awesome! We also got to tour pit row and we had a garage tour before the race began. It was crazy to see all the cars lined up being inspected and getting ready to race. When the race started, I honestly thought I was going to have an anxiety attack...they were going so fast...around 170 mph! As the race went on I got more used to it, but it was unlike anything I have ever seen or heard! We wore huge headphones during the entire race so we wouldn't lose our hearing. We came home on Sunday morning and went straight to Jay's parents church to get the girls....I was ready to see my babies on Mother's Day. Since we have been home they have been playing with their matchbox Farm Bureau race cars a lot...maybe we will turn into a Nascar family....just kidding!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute pictures! I might like a NASCAR race, too, if I were a guest of a sponsor. Gibbs is a legend - so cool to have met him and see his ring!
Post a Comment