Three years ago we started the most fun tradition with both sets of our parents! We all meet in Zebulon at Bon Bon and Rich's house for dinner and dessert. In the past we have gone out for dinner, but this year my mom made a huge pot of soup and we had pimento cheese crackers and soup....it was delicious! Bonnie made lots of different sweet treats including fudge and candied pecans....I ate like 50 of those pecans! Another part of the tradition is Rich making a fire. Since it was 65 degrees last night we wondered all the way there if he was going to have one or not. He had turned the heat off in the house and built a fire! After dinner we went in the den and watched the girls sing and dance and then started playing the funniest game....Christmas songs charades. I think it will now be a part of our tradition each year. Everyone had some really good ones including the girls, but Jay's takes the cake! He had Ava walk around to each one of us and feel a blanket that was fleece then he pointed to my dad's sweater, which was navy and then to himself. No one could guess what it was...Feliz Navidad! We all died laughing. It was such a fun night of family and we are so blessed to have each of them in our lives!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Jen!! I had to comment on the Feliz Navidad... I am cracking up! Love you! Tell your mama I said hello! Your girls are just precious.
Love,
Mary Lindsey
Post a Comment