Wednesday, September 3, 2008

first day of school


They did it! Claire and Ava successfully finished their first day of school! I survived too...after many tears that I did not think I was going to cry. Jay and I took the girls to school together and walked them in. We got to the main hallway and Ava looked up at us and said "I want to go to my classroom by myself" and puckered her lips for a kiss. One kiss from mommy and daddy and she was gone....and Claire followed right behind her. I could not believe it! I thought they might have a hard time saying goodbye to us, but that was obviously not the case. They were so independent it amazed me, and I think that is what brought on my tears. I know part of it is their personalitles, and part of it is the Lord answering prayers about the girls first day! I followed behind them, without them seeing me to make sure they got to the right classroom. One neat thing about this experience is they get to share it with their best friend Emmy! All three of them are so excited to be in the same class. I got the cutest pic of Ava and Emmy after school (Claire wanted nothing to do with picture time). The girls said they loved it and they can't wait to go back next week. I am so excited for them and all that they are going to learn and experience this year in school!
My sweet Ava doing her normal modeling pose!
My pretty Claire saying "cheese"
Walking into school holding hands for the first time!
Emmy and Ava (and Claire) best friends!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Having done this with Brady just last week I totally understand

Jill

Amber said...

Too CUTE! I'm glad you survived, Jen! Where are the girls going to school?

Heather said...

We're so glad Claire and Ava had a great first day of school.
Jen, I'm already dreading that day when my little "babies" look at me and say, "I can do it by myself." I know the tears will start to flow.
It's good though...to know that they are adjusting well and having a wonderful time, too.

We miss you guys!

The Flythe Family