This past weekend Jay and I went to Williamsburg, VA to celebrate our anniversary which was in June....crazy I know. We wanted to get away this year and spend quality time together and decided to wait until September in hopes that we would have cooler weather. Well considering they had record highs while we were there, that did not quite work out, but we still had the best time together! We crammed many fun things into our weekend...here are the highlights. On Friday when we got there we went to a huge antique mall, one of my favorite things to do. That night we walked from our bed and breakfast to merchant square and Colonial Williamsburg. We saw many beautiful houses and ate dinner at one of the taverns, which was quite an experience. I ordered sweet tea and the waitress said that the tea had just arrived on the ship and she had not had time to sweeten it...in other words they didn't have it. The whole dinner was very authentic, including live music they played. On Saturday we went to Jamestown and Yorktown and got an awesome glimpse of our history. I actually enjoyed it and learned things I did not know, and Jay loved it because he is such a history guy....I think he is actually going to write his first post ever about our day...stay tuned. Saturday night we went to the cutest Italian restaurant and visited the outlet mall. On Sunday we went to Bush Gardens for the day! We had so much fun and definitely acted like two big kids all day. We rode the log ride like 10 times! and I braved the scary roller coaters while Jay watched me. One funny story that I have a picture of in the bubble share was about our room. We stayed at the cutest bed and breakfast and I loved our room, it was just very small! The first night when Jay went in to use the bathroom he reached to close the door and it banged into our bed! We both died laughing, you could not close the bathroom door because the bed was so close!! The girls also had an awesome weekend with my parents. They went to all their favorite places....the pool, the mall, the lake, and Target! Thanks so much mom and dad for watching them!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay for anniversary get-aways with hubbies! :) so glad you had fun. We will definitely have to do marbles again soon... might ask my parents to give us a membership for christmas.
Post a Comment