Monday, August 11, 2008

my little monkeys

Today the girls and I went to the N.C. Zoo with our friends Courtney and Jackson. We had such a fun day! The weather was beautiful, until the last hour when it got pretty hot, and it was not crowded at all. We started off in Africa and got to see some of the girl's and Jackson's favorite animals...zebras, giraffes, and elephants. We also saw my personal favorite the flamingos and Courts favorite the meercats! The girls and Jackson even got to climb into a helicopter and pretend they were flying in the outback. The craziest thing that happened all day took place at the chimpanzees exhibit (and I did not have my camera ready). There were a few chimps walking around while we stood at the glass and watched them. When one of them was walked by she stopped and looked at me, Claire and Ava. We were all eating a snack and she literally knelt down on one knee and reached her hand out for some food. I could not believe it!! The girls of course wanted to share, but knew that we couldn't. Claire kept saying "if we had some grass we could share it with her". It was really cool to see that! In North America we saw the sea lions and polar bear and the kids had so much fun in the Kid Zone and playing on the playground. We were pretty tired after being there for 5 hours so we headed home. All three kids slept and Court and I got to spend some quality time talking. It was a great day....thanks again for driving Court....I love the new van!

No comments: