Monday, July 14, 2008

celebrating cara




Last Wednesday night I celebrate my friend Cara's birthday with our other two friends Jess and Ashley. These girls are all so special to me and I am so thankful that we are still close after all the years we have known each other. I taught them in Sunday school when they were in 10th grade! It was my first year of teaching and such a special year. They were 15 years old then and I don't think Cara will mind me saying that she just turned 23! They all are my little sisters, even though they are catching up to me now....out of school and working and Ashley being a mommy too! They are all just precious! We took Cara to the greatest restaurant downtown called Porters Tavern....it was delicious. Then Jess had the fun idea of going somewhere different for dessert so we went to Hays Barton Pharmacy, which I had never been too. It was so crowded so we got it to go and took it back to Jess's parents house who live downtown. We got four, yes four of the biggest yummiest desserts I have ever had. They were so big we could of literally all eaten two of them and been stuffed, but it was so fun to try them all. My favorite was the peanut butter pie! It was such a fun night of hanging out together and letting Cara know how much we all love her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen! You are so sweet! I love the post and I love you even more! Thank you so much for making me feel so special on my birthday!

and ALSO I love your new background!!! Too cute!