Sunday, June 10, 2012

madam president


Mary Ann, Aimee, Lynne, me and Liz
My reign as madam president is now over! This year at North Ridge I was the co-president of the PTA. At times it was like a full time job with no pay, but I loved pretty much every minute of it! was president with my sweet friend Aimee who I did not know until late last year when we decided to share this position. It could have been a disaster doing this job with someone you don't know, but it turned out to be wonderful!!! We have become the closest of friends and I could not have gotten through this year without her! We worked so well together because we are different enough. She still laughs at how I have to have everything matching and just so and I love how easy going she is! I also loved working with Mary Ann, Lynne and Liz. Mary Ann has twin girls that are going to be in 6th grade, we are going to miss her at North Ridge. Lynne will take over next year as president and will do a fantastic job! Liz is going to be secretary again. The crazy thing about Liz is that we were in 3rd grade together at North Ridge. Our teacher Ms. Mercer is still a sub at North Ridge and is there all the time, so we will still get hugs from her! Everyone has been asking me if I am excited that my term as co-pres is over, but I feel bittersweet about it. I will still be super involved next year helping with the fall and spring fundraisers and being in the girls classrooms too. I just LOVE our school and love being a part of the PTA family!

No comments: