We started the Christmas celebration at my parent's house on Christmas Eve afternoon. Mom and dad had us over for dinner and opening presents before we went to the Love Feast at Providence. I grew up going and now I get to go with my family, which is so special. The girls have not missed one since they were born!! I enjoyed watching them this year, they were so grown up. They could read all of the songs in the song book, which was a first and they said they were too big to stand up on the chairs when all of the kids sang Away in a Manger! Claire did stand up on the floor at least, but Ava leaned over to Jay and said she was too old for that! After the Love Feast we all went downtown to Hayes Barton to see the Living Nativity. It was so neat to see with the real animals and everything. It really made me think about the special night that Baby Jesus was Born!!! The girls opened a few gifts on Christmas Eve including lap desks, a new game and pearl earrings! We went back to my parents house for dinner on Christmas Day. We watched some of the Disney Christmas parade from that morning and just hung out as a family. My dad opened his gift from Santa with the girls...a new Hess truck! He gets one each year and the girls get so excited about it. They get all of the old ones out and play with them and the new one every Christmas and throughout the year. My parents gave me and Jay such fun gifts too! I got a new black purse and a "Mountain Girl" life is good shirt that I have had my eye on! Mom got Jay new snazzy pants, a shirt and a sweater for work. She always knows just what to buy for him and he loves it! I loved spending Christmas day with both sides of the family and of course Jay and the girls...what a special day!
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment