A couple of days before I left for Atlanta the girls decided to open their own fabric store in the den. They had me make a sign for them and named their store "Clava's Fabric Store". Clava is the name Jay jokingly calls them when he needs both of them at the same time! Most little girls play school or family, but my girls play fabric store. They actually did not have any fabric in their store, only ribbon. I think this is because most of the time they go to Mill Outlet with me it is to buy ribbon not fabric. All on their own they got out a yard stick and rolled some of their ribbon up and set it on a silver tray! They also got out one of battleship boards to use as a cash register and brought down their trashcan from their bathroom in case a customer needed to throw something away. I also gave them a bag of green bows that I had tied for Christmas frames that I ended up not using! They had three customers over a two day period...daddy, grandma susu and grandma bon bon. They took checks and cash and had the best time playing!!! It goes to show you what you do really does rub off on your kids. When we work on frames at my house they girls get so excited. I usually let them stay up later that night and they will stay right with us as we tie bows, cut fabric and assemble frames. We jokingly say they can carry on the business when we are too old to do so!!!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment