On Monday, two days before the girl's birthday we went to the mall to see Santa. After waiting 1 1/2 hours we saw the jolly old guy. I took a picture with my own camera which did not come out very well because they made me stand back so far....on the other side of the gate to be exact! I was a little sad not only about the picture, but because I was so far away I did not get to hear what they told Santa. I basically knew what they were going to tell him, but I love to hear them interact with Santa. I hope they still believe in him for many years to come and we have many more pictures of the girls on his lap. After seeing Santa we did something really special....the girls got their ears pierced! This was something they have wanted to do since the summer when their cousin Ellie pierced her ears. Then a few weeks ago their friend Grace did the same. Both of their moms assured me that they are old enough to clean their own ears so we let it be part of their birthday present. I was way more nervous than they were. I wanted everything to be extra clean and of course I did not want them to be in any pain! Neither of them shed one tear! They were just so excited to have earrings. They both got small silver balls and they look so adorable. I think it makes them look older, which is very fitting since they turned 5 this week!
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment