Sunday, October 25, 2009

nascar fever is spreading






So as I wrote a few months ago on the blog the Joyner house is now a fan of Nascar! Since we went to our first race we have both been watching all the races and I, Jen Joyner, the total preppy girl LOVE it! It has now spread to our children. Ava really likes it, but Claire LOVES it as much as I do. She will just sit and watch it like an adult. It really is so funny, I am laughing as I write this! She was so excited today when her favorite driver Denny Hamlin won. We like him because on occasion he drives the Farm Bureau car. She has two Denny matchbox cars compliments of daddy's work. She loves to watch any driver celebrate at the end of the race when they spin their car around and around and make lots of smoke. She was super excited today when Denny got to celebrate and I took this adorable picture of her with Denny on the TV. Maybe I will frame it for her room....just kidding! She and Jay are also giving me the number 11 sign, Denny's number. You may wonder what Ava was doing during all this...sitting in the same room with us just coloring. After the race Claire drew this adorable picture of a race track with three cars. I asked her who they were and she immediately said "Denny Hamlin, Kyle Bush and Juan Pablo Montoya". I almost died....she totally knows the drivers names. Note Montoya's car is red because he drives the Target car! The drivers are in their cars and the people with the headphones on are their crew chiefs.....she really is a fan and knows what is going on. She has started asking all the time about going to a race. She knows she will have to wear the head phones and she things music comes out of them while you watch the race....too funny! *Jeff Chandler, this post is dedicated to you!!!

1 comment:

Mary Lindsey said...

I love this post! It made me laugh out loud! I too have become a fan of Nascar, thanks to Chris :-) Well, while I do like to watch it, I like to sleep to it more... the sound of the cars going around the track puts me to sleep... great Sunday nap background noise!!! Never been to a race- think it would be fun!