On Wednesday three firefighters came to visit our preschool. Claire and Ava were so excited to see the fire truck and go inside it. The kids in my class really liked it too! The firefighters talked to the kids about fire safety....stop, drop and roll and how to call 911. On Friday they reviewed fire safety with their teacher and practiced calling 911 on a pretend phone. When it was Ava's turn the teacher said, "911, what is your emergency"? Ava said, "My house is on fire". She then told the teacher her address which I was so proud of her for remembering! Then she told her that her house was on fire because "her kids were smoking cigarettes"! I was the substitute teacher in their class that day so I about died when she said it. I am sure her teacher now thinks Jay and I are smokers!!!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment