Tuesday, September 1, 2009

happy birthday daddy




Jay turned the big 32 this past weekend and we had a great time celebrating! On Friday the girls and I made him his favorite brownies and were on a mission to find a superman candle to top them. I asked the girls how they wanted to decorate his cake and that was the theme they chose. When we went to to Target and Party City we could only find Batman and Spiderman...so sad. We opted for a small bag of dinosaurs and a palm tree from the one spot and it actually looked very cute! I guess it looked more like a cake for a 3 year old not a 32 year old, but the girls loved it! We took Jay to the pool that night and ordered pizza poolside and enjoyed our brownies. It started raining right before we got in the water but we were able to swim for 10 minutes before the whistle blew for lightening. I don't think I had ever been swimming while it was raining and it was so fun! On Saturday (Jay's real birthday) his parents came over and his dad helped in work in the yard and aerate the grass. Working in the yard is Jay's favorite thing to do so this was a perfect way to spend his birthday morning. That afternoon his parents took the girls home to spend the night. We went out on a date to Jay's choice P.F. Changs! It was so good and we were both totally stuffed when we left. Jay really enjoyed his birthday weekend and so did we! We love you daddy!!

1 comment:

Carolina City Girl said...

at least the girls loved the cake! i mean, brownie...too cute! tell jason he looks good for his old age haha :)