One of my favorite thing about being a mom is just being home with the girls on a daily basis and watching them interact. I just can not believe some days that they will be four years old in December! I know I think this all the time, but this age and stage that they are at now, is by far my favorite! They are true big girls now and understand more each day. They are very into imagination and will sit together and play with their dolls and barbies for an hour or more! They also still love to color and cut out their pictures. I have noticed since they started preschool that they are even closer to each other. I think it is because they are in a classroom setting with other kids Mon., Tues., and Wed., mornings and they value their time together even more! They have always been close, but they love and depend on each other now more than ever. Yesterday during lunch they started feeding popcorn to each other first with their hands and then by putting it in their mouths...I had to go get my camera! A book we have read to the girls twice now that I highly recommend to any parent is The Treasure Tree by John and Cindy Trent and Gary and Norma Smalley. It is a chapter book about four friends that all have different personalities and gifts. It is based on the four personalities that Smalley created....the Lion, Golden Retriever, Otter and the Beaver. In the back of the book they have a list for each animal and the personality traits that match each one. Jay and I together got to read over them with the girls and let them try to figure out which ones they are. It was so awesome to see how God has formed them!
Ava= Otter
1. Talks a lot and tells wild stories.
2. Likes to do all kinds of fun things.
3. Enjoys being in groups. Likes to perform.
4. Full of energy and always eager to play.
5. Always happy and sees the good part of everything.
Claire=Golden Retriever
1. Always loyal and faithful to friends.
2. Listens carefully to others.
3. Likes to help others. Feels sad when others are hurt.
4. Is a peacemaker. Doesn't like it when others argue.
5. Patient and willing to wait for something.
1 comment:
Did you and Jason figure out which animal you guys are? Arnaud and I did it one time, and it looks like I the Lion am married to a Golden Retriever. I wonder which personality Eva will have? PS its looking more and more like Lion... :)
Post a Comment