On Friday Jay and I took the girls to the NC Zoo for the first time. We had the best day as a family and the beautiful weather was a true blessing! We headed off bright and early so we could have a full day there and that we did. We saw tons of animals, had yummy treats, rode the carousel, played at Kid Zone and of course walked many miles in between with a double stroller and 73 pounds of twins! Ava's favorite animals to see were the zebras. My personal favorite of course were the flamingos! The girls thought it was so funny to see them standing on one foot with their heads turned around and tucked in their feathers! Jay loved the polar bear the best. The whole time we watched him he was trying to get a giant red ball up on to a platform while standing in the water. He kept tossing it up in the air with his front paws and would get it up there, but it would just roll off. He was so determined and just kept trying and trying, it was so cool to watch! Claire's answer to her favorite animal was the funniest quote of the day....and believe me there were a lot to chose from! Literally on our way out after being there all day I saw a little caterpillar and picked it up to show the girls. I then put it down and we kept walking to the exit. I asked the girls "What was you favorite animal that you saw today?" and Claire said "The caterpillar that was in your hand." Jay and I could not help it and died laughing! It was priceless and goes to show you the little things are so special to kids and they remember them.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You got some GREAT pics of the animals!!
I'm so glad you guys went to the zoo! We knew the girls would love it! And I knew the you would especially love the flamingos.:-) Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment